Breast Revision Surgery at San Diego Body Contouring
The goal of breast augmentation is to achieve beautiful results that enhance the contours of your body. Choosing a size, shape, profile, and type of breast implant will have a dramatic impact on your results. However, the most important decision is selecting an experienced, board-certified cosmetic surgeon to perform your procedure. If you didn’t get the results you envisioned from another doctor, you may feel more self-conscious about the appearance of your breasts than you did before surgery. Luckily, you don’t have to live with these complications forever. If you are unhappy with the results of your initial breast augmentation or if the appearance of your breasts has changed over time, breast revision surgery can help you achieve or restore your desired look. At San Diego Body Contouring, we’re proud to offer breast revision surgery to change the size or type of your implants, or to correct problems from a prior procedure.
What is breast revision surgery?
Breast revision surgery involves removing or replacing breast implants from a prior enhancement to achieve a natural contour and appearance. The procedure offers a solution for women who have changed their minds about their ideal breast size, or who are unhappy with how their implants have changed the look of their breasts over time. Even the most perfectly placed implants can ripple, harden, change shape, shift position, rupture, or leak. Breast implants typically last between 10 and 15 years before a breast revision surgery is necessary to maintain volume and shape.
When to consider breast revision surgery
There are many medical and cosmetic reasons to consider breast revision surgery. If you are unhappy with the results of a prior enhancement or if you’re suffering from complications, it might be time to consider a second procedure to correct the problem.
While you can opt for breast revision surgery for any reason, the following are some of the most common:
• You want to select bigger/smaller implants for a larger/smaller breast size
• Your breast implants have leaked or ruptured due to Breast Implant Deflation
• Your breasts feel hard or look misshapen due to Capsular Contracture
• Your breast implants have shifted in position and appear Asymmetrical
• Your breasts appear as if there is a crease causing the breast mound to appear as two due to Double Bubble
• You want to change from saline to silicone implants
• Your breast implants have dropped, making the nipples look too high due to a Bottomed Out Implant
• Your breast implants have caused ripples on the surface of your skin
• Your breast implants has become exposed due to Implant Exposure
• Your implant pockets have merged together in the middle of your chest
• Your breast tissue has changed due to skin stretching or weight loss/gain
• You are experiencing pain and swelling due to a Hematoma
• Your breast implants have changed due to pregnancy and/or breastfeeding
• You no longer wish to have breast implants
Am I a good candidate for breast revision surgery?
Ideal candidates for breast revision surgery have a desire to increase or decrease their breast size, regain a youthful breast shape, and improve breast symmetry. Specifically, the best candidates:
• Are in good general health
• Are non-smokers
• Have a positive attitude and realistic expectations
• Are not pregnant or breastfeeding
• Are dissatisfied with their current breast implants
Dr. Sarosy of San Diego Body Contouring is a skilled cosmetic surgeon who has a vast experience dealing with breast augmentation complications. He performs over 300 augmentations and 100 breast lift procedures per year, 25% of which are revisional surgery. His practice is located in La Mesa, California and he gets referrals throughout all Southern California for revisional breast surgery. The most important decision resulting in a successful repair of a breast augmentation complication is choosing an experienced surgeon who has dealt with these problems.
The best way to find out if you’re a good candidate for breast revision surgery is to book a consultation with Dr. Sarosy. To learn more about breast revision surgery and to schedule your free consultation, call us at (619) 697-1325.